Saturday, April 10, 2010

New loves for the upcomming summer


ALMOST, I can sense summer vacations, I can feel them to my last strand of hair, must....survive...five...more...days....
Yes people, its here, its almost here! Hopefully that will mean I will be able to post more (at least I see it as hopefully).
I had a bit of time to keep reading my daily blogs and magazines the last couple of week and in the new Gisele *sigh* Vogue issue stumbled upon a designer that I hadn't paid attention to before: Prabal Gurung. He is interesting, he fresh, he is modern and he is consistent. He is definitely one to look out for. His latest fall '10 collection, inspired on hell's angels was so coherent with his theme and so perfectly tailored that it captured my attention, even though I'm not a big fan of mostly dark/black/gray/white (his palette of choice) collections. All I can say is "my compliments to the chef" and I hope he doesn't disappoint me in the future and guarantees his spot among my must-see designers.

On a completly different yet somewhat related noted (is that even possible?), when I saw this fresh flowery Rebecca Taylor dress, my world stopped. THE CORSET FIT LADIES! Simply stunning, not something you see everyday, perfectly cut. Bells rang, birds sang, the whole cheesy scenario, I had to have it. The down side: 400 bucks. The up side (for my pocket that is): sold out except for size 12... In case you are lucky enough and 12 is just your size, you can get it here (is they still have it). As for the rest of us, I'll leave the image of my long gone love for all of us to appreciate..

goodbye dear dress, it was nice while the illusion lasted...

No comments:

Post a Comment